Job Posting - Web Developer
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced, detail-oriented Web Developer that is hardworking, and diligent in completing tasks. This candidate will be well-versed in many programming languages and have a good understanding of many CMS including Drupal and WordPress. We are seeking someone who is self-motivated when necessary but can adapt and collaborate on various projects. In order to be successful in this position, applicants should be able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding of web-based applications and current technologies.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Results-focused - able to understand and act based on requirements & needs.
- Ensure that solutions meet both business and technical requirements, including performance,
- maintainability and stability.
- Execute development tasks that support product deliverables
- Collaborate with other team members on product concepts by providing wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive prototypes.
- Prepare QA tests and documentation as part of an agile development workflow prior to deployment.
- Report progress on projects, milestones, and individual tasks via the online group management tools.
- When necessary, research, test, and implement new tools, technologies, and vendors.
- Plan and create content types and data structures in Drupal.
- Work in a local environment, deploy to staging for review and deploy work to production.
- Review code from others and provide helpful feedback.
- Stay on top of industry trends and techniques and share them with your colleagues.
- Think through and build to performance and accessibility challenges.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- PHP (Drupal & WordPress):
- Experience implementing plugins/modules and themes.
- Understanding of CMS APIs and standard methodologies
- CSS: Must have experience with CSS-based animations and using processors such as SCSS and SASS.
- MySQL: Must be able to write and optimize MySQL queries
- Use Command Line: for Drupal (drush) and WordPress (wp-cli)
Have experience with:
Git (branching, merging, rebasing)
Bonus Points for Experience with:
- Website Usability
- User Experience
- Website Accessibility
- SEO best practices
- Integration to 3rd party services/software
- E-commerce (specifically Shopify)
- AWS (EC2 & Lamda)
- Linux Server
Tell us about yourself:
- We want to get to know more about you:
- What projects have you done?
- Who have you worked with?
- Why do you want to work with us?
- Where do you want your career to go?
- How does this job fit in with those goals?
Send your resume along with the answers to our questions above to email@example.com
with the subject line of “Pixel Architect – Web Developer application”. Unfortunately, we can’t reply to everyone.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.